Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Biting the Bullet!

Over the years, I have participated in numerous fund-raisers to support others. I have never had to (fortunately) raise money for myself in the way I have to for this trip. It terrifies me. I really feel like this trip is going to change my life and be such a great experience, I can't pass it up. As a result, I have to raise the money for the program cost in order to be able to go.

I have decided to bite the bullet and send out a fund-raising letter to ask for support from family and friends to help me cover the cost of the trip. After much deliberation, I sent out the letters through mail and through email over the last week and a half. I am asking others to help me raise $4000.00. huge!

I am pleased, shocked, astounded, blessed, (fill in the adjective of choice to represent blown-away and speechless) at the response so far. It has only been a week and a half and I have already started to receive letters back from people with words of encouragement, letters, financial assistance, and over-whelming support for me and for my trip!

I don't know what I expected, but I have to say, the feeling that others are rallying for me is quite powerful! I am encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, thanks for including me as part of your trip! I'm so excited to see how this trip molds you for whatever God has for you in the future. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete