Friday, June 19, 2009

Faith and Thankfulness

This is an exert from Susan's Blog.
"At first I only saw a tro tro named God is Love here or one named Jesus Saves there, but then we left downtown Accra and I was introduced to the God is King Automotive Shop, the Clap for Jesus snack stand, the Amen Driving School, the Psalm 23 Stand and the Love and Peace Beauty Salon."

Where we were in Accra, no one seemed to have a problem proclaiming God or thanking him for providing for them. It was amazing! Being a christian myself, I cant' say that I proclaim my faith as openly as they do. Now, I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not but regardless there seemed to be the feeling that everything was from God and they were provided for.

It certainly makes me think. If these people, who clearly have so little, feel provided for and thankful... maybe I should stop complaining, asking for more, or taking for granted what I have.

I don't think it's a matter of running home and giving up everything I own (although I'm sure I could get rid of a bunch of stuff). I think what I took from this is that I need to be grateful for what I have and be generous not greedy. I could give away everything and still not be thankful... it's about changing my heart.

I'm working on it. oh, and Praise God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment